Friday, January 23, 2015

take on the SkyMall

Just read that the SkyMall has filed for bankruptcy which can't be that surprising considering that there probably aren't more than 100 people in the world who have that much interest in a garden gnome or a water pick.   I've taken well over thousand flights in my life which means that I've looked at well over a thousand copies of SkyMall and I've yet to buy anything.    It's not that I don't buy crap, I have boxes of crap from Woot.com for example just collecting dust, it's that I just am not that interested in the stuff that they offer..  A sleep pillow, an Ipad case or a drone are all sensible purchases but not enough to actually make me..you know what to buy one..

Maybe with that many less copies of SkyMall on the planes the airplanes will be more fuel efficient which would mean cheaper fares for us..  maybe not..

4 comments:

Zed said...

SkyMall is the modern day equivalent of the Sears catalog... except without the lingerie section, unfortunately.

Righetti said...

Not so sure how much American Airlines would appreciate you looking at the Sears lingerie section while sitting in seat 78E

I am talking specifically about you, CJF, not the proverbial you

Righetti said...

I've thought about this some more and I think the entire SkyMall enterprise came down when they allowed you to start using your cell-phone on the plane during take-off and landing (in airplane mode).. now I never bother to check out any of the reading options in the seatback pocket

DeSean Jackson said...

No one read shit no more