Friday, January 16, 2015

Take on 39

I woke up this morning and all of a sudden realized I was a year from
40. I can't say it is a total shock because I vaguely remember 30
and 35 but can't quite remember 37 or 38. 35 might be a blue but 39
totally snuck up on me. It felt like only yesterday when I was 19 and
backpacking through Europe with three buddies without a care in the
world and not an ounce of responsibility. I woke up then with a
backpack, some dirty underwear and a couple of warm beers and my life
in front of me, this morning I woke up with a mortgage, a 401K, a 529,
a disability insurance policy, a life insurance plan, a death
insurance plan, retirement fund, an investment account, an IRA, an
advisor and a minivan

MLIA

2 comments:

Mr. R. Lee said...

Damn, that's a lot of investing for the afterlife.

I don't save. I spend. It makes life better.

Baby Stu said...

I'd say it was more like a whole bathtub of warm beer but whatever.