Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Take on the shady foot massage place

As part of my holiday tradition, I like to get a bunch of the ladies in my office foot-massages for Christmas.   It seems that most people appreciate it and come back after an hour feeling great, I just wish the purchase of the gift-certificates was similar relaxing experience.

Most of these foot massage places are by a certain type, let's call them..shady. 

Enter some foot-massage place on the second floor of an old NYC building, it's 1000 degrees, smells like feet and the desk is manned by a crazy Chinese Lady.

 

Righetti:  "I'd like to get four gift certificates for one hour foot-massages and three half-hour massages"

Chinese Lady  "we don't do 30 minute foot-massages"

Righetti  "it says 30 minutes on your sign outside

Chinese Lady  "aya, sign is wrong"

Righetti   "it says the same thing on your board right there"

Chinese Lady  "OK, we do"

Righetti  "so give me four massages for an hour and three for a half-an-hour"

Chinese Lady  "that's $290"

Righetti  "the sign says $40 for an hour and $25 for thirty minutes, so that would be $160 plus $75, so it should be $235"

Chines Lady  "gift certificate is more expensive, $50 for an hour and $30 for half hour"

Righetti  "that doesn't make any sense at all.. I'll pay what it shows stated on the board"

Chinese Lady  "ok"

Righetti  "here is my card"

Chinese Lady  "we don't that THAT card"

Righetti  "you don't take American Express??"

Chinese Lady  "no"

Righetti  "how about Visa?"

Chinese Lady  "we take, you pay extra 10%"

Righetti  "why?"

Chinese Lady  "tax"

Righetti  "tax is 8%, why 10%"

Chinese Lady  " you want gift certificate?"

Righetti  "yes, but why do I have to pay extra?"

Chinese Lady  "tax"

Righetti  "why no tax on the cash"

Chinese Lady  "you pay you pay tax"

Righetti  "here is cash"

Chinese Lady  "you finished?"

Righetti  "I'm finished when you give me the certificates I just paid you for" 

2 comments:

Baby Stu said...

She was just pre-negotiating the hand jobs that your gift recipients were inevitably going to be asking for. (You never want to go foot to unit btw.).

Mr. R. Lee said...

I hate foot massages. I think I am the only person in the world who hates them.