Sunday, November 16, 2014

Take on the recession special

I had to get up to 75th and Broadway last week which usually would be
a pretty uneventful trip during lunch, which it would have been till I
realized that the Gray's Papaya up on 72nd was still open. I walk in
and order my regular, 10 dogs with everything. I was ecstatic to find
the dogs tasted exactly how I remembered them, were served just as
quickly and was frequented by the same general clientele. What had
changed was the $0.50 dog from my childhood was not $2.00 or
something. A ten pack cost me $20 and that didn't even get my a soda
(or an antacid)...I guess the recession is finally over

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

They still cost just 3 dollars at Top Dog in Berkeley.

Those top dogs are the best. Better than any hot dog I have had in Chicago or NYC or Philadelphia.