Thursday, November 6, 2014

Take on the bus selfie

Sorry for the second public transit post in a row but there is
something I need to get off my chest. Why the hell do people use the
time they are commuting on public transportation as one to take a
selfie. First of all, selfies are lame especially if they are ones
you take for the sole purpose of posting what you look like on
spacebook or Instagram. I get ones that are funny or quirky and
completely accept ones that capture a great moment, awesome adventure
or accomplishment and anyone with a kid in it is always acceptable but
when you see a grown woman fixing her hair to take a photo to send to
the unwashed masses, I cringe. You are obviously concerned about how
you are perceived otherwise you wouldn't take 50 of them to try to get
your best angle but what exactly is the point of it when you are
flanked by a subway ad for Dr. Zizmor, the stench of a homeless person
or some slob drooling on himself as he catches up on sleep, not to
mention the light isn't any good. Wait till you get home and take one
without your clothes on

3 comments:

Mr. R. Lee said...

I take selfies because I feel that my life is so important to human history that it merits being documented at all times.

Baby Stu said...

Calling people "the unwashed masses" sounds like something R. Lee or a Fox News anchor would say.

Mr. R. Lee said...

That almost sounded like a criticism, but I'm going to take it as a compliment.