Sunday, November 23, 2014

Take on the 5 year old

Saw an OMG fact the other say which stated that most 4 to 6 year kids
would rather spend time watching TV than having with their old men. I
get that this seems utterly ridiculous to the average person but for
those of us with kids in that bracket, it's pretty clearly based on
sound research. Forget the trips to the park, the membership at the
zoo, the swim classes, the hours of bedtime stories, the boxes of
toys, the human jungle gym or the hours of devotion, there is nothing
that can tear a five year old from TV. The mesmerizing effect is
uncanny as my entire kitchen could explode and there wouldn't be a
single peep coming from my living room

Then again I am also one who have in to this phenomena after spending
painstaking energy to avoid any TV for her in her first two years of
life but after you have three you throw any of that out the window and
fight your battles on a more holistic battle field

Kill me

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

I watched television non stop from age 3 to 18, and I turned out just fine.

I learned all about sex from watching Dallas and J.R. Ewing on TV when I was 5 years old. Good stuff.