Saturday, July 5, 2014

Take on the Spanish soccer station

I don't know what it is but the games I have seen on the Spanish
station have just felt more exciting, even if the action on the field
hasn't proven it. I read a tweet that said Univision got better
ratings than ESPN for the World Cup in a few key markets which didn't
seem all that surprising since each of those cities (Dallas, Miami,
Houston, Los Angeles and Phoenix) have significant Spanish speaking
populations. The only thing better than the WorldCup is the WorldCup
on Univision. I don't speak a word of Spanish past quesadilla,
burrito and grande tetas but I can sit through an entire game
listening to these announcers. Of course everybody will point to the
goooooooooaaaaaaallllllll calls which seem to go on forever but I bunk
that even the normal play by play is more energizing.
I am sure that I am not the only one, so it might actually be a bunch
of blanchos throwing the number over the top, either way, those guys
rock

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

My favorite tv show of all time is on Telemundo. It is a Colombian telenova called Sin Semos No Hay Paraiso, and it stars Carmen Villalobos. It is about Colombian "prepaid girls" who go for the fast lane life among Colombian drug lords and old dudes instead of being with the young and handsome (but poor) dudes from their neighborhood.

Plenty of slow motion bikini shots, lingerie shots, and skanky clothes-wearing shots in each slutty episode. No one does television like the Colombians, lol.