Thursday, July 3, 2014

Take on socks with sandals

The editorial board at TOR has been made aware of a disturbing new trend in women's fashion and we feel it to be our duty to try to squash it before it gets further out of control. First women thought it was OK to wear flats with dresses but now the entire industry has gone grandma. Apparently, the top designers have been sending runway models down the catwalk wearing socks with sandals and I for one cannot be more annoyed. 
An article I was linked to said it was a transition for women from the long winter to the hot summer but personally I think it is a transition from style to just awful. This look was terrible when my uncle tried to pull it off in a canoe in France three decades ago and it hasn't improved no matter what Paris and Milan try to tell you.  Like basically anything Williamsburg, this is ugly for the sake of being ugly.  
Socks and sandals go together about as well as mixing drinks. It might seem like a great idea when you are do it but when you see the photos a few days later you want to bury your head in the sand 

So I implore you Fashion Industry, go back to do what you are paid to
do..make women look hot and stop doing what they themselves want to
do..be comfortable 

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

Wait a second.

I wear socks with my sandals sometimes. Short socks that only go around the feet and don't even reach the ankles, but socks nonetheless.

I have been doing it for years. I thought this was standard?