Friday, July 4, 2014

Take on the Redskins

With all the hysteria around the football team that hails from
Washington DC recently, I thought it was rather comical that a
coworker brought in some peanuts the other day with the same disputed
name. I can't say I have a real strong opinion on the name of the
football team but do think that at some point it will change due to
public -and financial- pressure. I don't think the name was ever
intended as racist but I just can't imagine a team named the
blackskins, brownskins or the yellowskins. (Whiteskins might create a
different kind if outcry)
The irony is that Daniel Snyder will eventually cave to pressure but
he will benefit greatly as it will turn out to be a financial windfall
for him as it will allow him to market a new name and logo to his fans
who will all want to get new hats, jerseys, pajamas and other
paraphernalia.

I will leave this to Goodell, the NFL owners, Obama, Harry Reid and
John Boehner to decide but I demand that Star Snacks change their name
as it is blatantly offensive to red peanuts.

2 comments:

Mr. R. Lee said...

How about a team called the Foreskins?

Righetti said...

Would only work if they brought back NFL Europe