Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Take on the Bank of America fees

After over 20 years with Bank of America, I finally grabbed by sack
and closed the account. I opened my account when I was in High School
and the bank was called Natwest before it was bought by Fleet before
being gobbled alive by the BoA behemoth. All the while they got less
customer service oriented and I became less and less important to
them.
I closed my account mainly because I stopped using it as my main
account but the straw that broke the camels back was that they have
been charging me $14 a month as some kind of bullshit maintenance fee
for not having enough money in my checking account. So not only do
they keep my money without paying me any interest, they want to hit me
up for an additional fee. I am paying them to hold my money and that
is ludicrous. With a bank at every corner, there is no point to
getting banged in the ass by a big bank, so I walked out.

So FU BoA and your fees. FB you are next

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

I have used Bank of America since 1989. I keep using it now because it has the closest ATM within walking distance of my place.

I also have a couple of Bank of the West accounts, one of which I barely use, and the other of which I never use.

And a credit union account somewhere that I don't know what's in it.

And I think an old ING account online that contains I don't know what.

Maybe an old Saehan Bank account, but I'm not sure if that one is closed or open.

And then there's our firm's accounts at another bank.

I'm really on top of my finances.