Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Take on the simple transaction

There must be two or three times per week where I have this awkward back and forth.  It's usually when I am standing at a deli or coffee ship and am told my total.   Are, I have this incredible ability to do simple math in my head, a real skill, I know.  
So the teller will ring up $13.05 and I immediately start to calculate what I have in my pockets and how I can consolidate bills

I will then give them $23.05 and pray because the chances they just assume I gave them $13.05 and then I am stuck with this he-said she-said argument about exactly what I am owed. 

So in order to preempt this, I always overly annunciate "that is twenty three dollars and five cents"  and half the time I get an eye roll and probably a matching loogie in my coffee
Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

I do the same shit. That is because I am one of the few guys I know who actually carries silver change in my wallet along with my greenbacks.

This is probably also why my leather wallets are always exploding around the edges and frayed and dying long before they should.