Monday, July 1, 2013

take on the emergency text message

I have had my phone ringer off for the better part of 3 years, finding almost nothing more irritating than sitting next to somebody who gets pinged constantly when they get a text message, so i was more than a bit surprised when my own phone started buzzing like crazy today.   Apparently the government cannot just spy on your phone calls but they can also force AT&T and Verizon to send you some crazy messages about flash floods and hurricanes and also bypass my 'do not ring' command

Now although I do agree that this is probably helpful, what bothers me is that I didn't sign up for this..  I'm not even sure where the message is for, because I have a 917 number but live in a 201 area-code.   How long is it before they start sending me coupons for The Olive Garden or Mandy's.




1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

"i was more than a bit surprised when my own phone started buzzing like crazy today."

I thought the next line was going to be something like, "MOTHERFUCK! THANKS A LOT, REBATTA!"

LOL.