Friday, February 8, 2013

Take on the slots


I'm not a huge gambler but will usually allow myself a hundred bucks on a yearly trip to Vegas.  I'm not sure why it doesn't really do anything for me. I do like some of the card games although i can only really stomach it for an hour before i am either broke or bored.  but 

what I really do not enjoy are the slots, I know there are millions who can spend a week in front of the one-armed bandit but I really feel that the electronics have ruined the experience.   Walking around Vegas there are hardly any machines with an actual pull-handle and the ones that do still require you to press a bunch of buttons which seems so counter to what Vegas should want as it slows the entire process down
But what I really hate is the fact they don't pay out in coins anymore.  I am sure there are a thousand reasons that these machines now dispense paper coupons instead of coins including cost of maintenance and not needing thousands of quarters but I feel cheated when I hear the artificial coin-dropping noise instead of using actual coinage to make the music





Sent from my iPhone


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: