Thursday, February 14, 2013

Take on @espngreeny

I've been following Mike Greenberg on Twitter for a few months
probably because he drilled his handle into my head by his endless
repetition of it. Overall, I find his tweets to be rather non
confrontational, non threatening and usually not deep enough to plant
a bean which mirrors his on-air personality but is fine with me.
What I do have an issue with is his recent blast of emails promoting
his new book which I imagine will also be rather full in terms of real
thought provoking material but probably a good enough read if you
were stuck on a feces infested cruise ship. I hope the book sells
well mainly because all his proceeds gave been promised to the V
foundation
What my real issue is the self-righteousness of his tweets with him
signing off on every one of them by telling anybody who comes across
them that he is donating his proceeds. A long time somebody said
that the only true form of altruism is when it's done anonymously and
having even the slightest bit of self awareness is obviously beyond
the Green-man. This self glorification back padding is sickening
especially when it's done four or five times per hour

No comments: