Monday, February 11, 2013

Take on The Americans

I won't bore you with a review of the new blockbuster show on FX
leaving that to people better equipped to do so. I can tell you that
the show has tremendous promise and through the first episode I'm
hooked and there will be people analyzing the character development
and storyline and they'll do it better than we ever could.

What I will give you is my criticism of something I am equipped to;
for a show whose own commercial at the SuperBowl was one of the most
talked about around the water cooler the next day, they sure have bad
commercials during their show I guess this is what you get when your
show is on FX but the types of infomercial ads for weight-loss
tablets, some type of pregnancy belt for non pregnant chicks and
commercial with Joe Theismann for super-beta prostate were brutal.
How can I take a show seriously when it feels like the only companies
supporting it are the local Nissan dealer and a vacuum sealing storage
system

So I'm hoping that not only the show continues to be solid, but also
that the commercials improve because I'm about to shoot my TV.

No comments: