Friday, March 16, 2012

taking on the glass bathroom sink

I'm not a person who gets any pleasure out of DYI projects, I have a house full of empty walls because I can't even get around to jamming a nail into a wall to hang up a few frames..  it's not that I don't like having things nice...it's that I hate having things 'sort of nice'    A buddy showed me some pictures of a place he's thinking about buying and preempted it with 'it needs a lot of work'.  the pictures looked nicer than he warned me about although obviously even the worst realtor will find a way to show the best features of any house or apartment.  
I scrolled through about 15 pictures and the only one that really caught my eye as completely atrocious was the bathroom.. The floor looks like it's got mold growing on top of the mold, the shower 'tub' looks like it's make out of PVC and for some reason they decided that they need a paper-towel rack above the sink...   it also looked like they tried to go with some kind of art-deco toilet stainless steel toilet seat cover and the bathroom features a home-made vanity table out of plastic tubs.  
but what really got me is that somebody decided that the way to spruce up this disaster is by adding one of those idiotic glass sinks..   Maybe this was a safety issue so you can see the creatures crawling underneath the sink at all times but it's an example of somebody throwing $300 at a problem and hoping that it will blind a buyer from the fact the floor is crooked, the pain is pealing and there is a homeless guy pissing in the shower.. 
 
here is my advice to guys selling houses.. save the $300 and knock it off the price of the house because unless I'm walking in wearing RayBan's it's not going to work

No comments: