Monday, March 19, 2012

take on the Boingo Cancellation policy

There is nothing more frustrating than finding out how incredibly easy it is to set up but when it comes to cancelling it, they make it incredibly difficult.   A few months ago when I was travelling a lot, I signed up for one of those BOINGO accounts which for about $10 gives you unlimited WIFI service..  It costs about $10 a month which when you are sitting in airports for hours on end is a small price to pay to get to WWTDD.com on your laptop.  

Well when I got my third bill of the year today, I realized I'd hardly used it and thought that maybe it was time to cancel it.   I scroll over to the boingo website, logon to my account and then spend the next 20 minutes trying to figure out how to cancel this thing.    Of course there is no easy 'cancel subscription' button and the only thing I find is

Accounts and Billing

How do I cancel my Boingo subscription?

Simply visit My Account and select "Cancel Subscription". If this option is unavailable, please call Customer Care, available 24/7, to cancel your Boingo account. You may also request more information by email at support@boingo.com.

 

You'll never guess but there is NO cancel subscription option on the homepage so I'm forced to call customer care and after nearly 8 minutes on hold I finally speak to a live person.. another 3 minutes to cancel my account and reject his offers to keep the account open at a discount later and finally I've gotten from underneath there $10 vulcan grip.

1 comment:

Lauren Sanyal said...

Hi there! We're so sorry to hear that you found it difficult to cancel your account. :( We take customer care very, very seriously, and we never want to make our customers unhappy. That's why we offer 24/7 customer support by email, by phone, and on Twitter.

Is there anything more we can do to help, or do you have additional feedback for us? We're all ears. Email lsanyal@boingo.com.

Warm Regards,

Lauren Sanyal
Boingo Wireless