Friday, September 23, 2011

take on the neck tattoo

I get why people get tattoos, feeling the need to clutter up their disgusting bodies with mementos of a time gone by even when they very well know that they can have some major tattoo regret.  As long as they are discreet I will usually just mark it down as childhood indiscretion, but when they become visible in normal work gear you have to wonder if it's evolution in progress.

I get why thugs, dudes at Rikers and gangbangers have neck tattoos as their potential employment opportunities are probably already entirely limited but when I see a normal looking dude with a spider web crawling out of his collar I have to wonder how entirely useless this part of the population really is. How the hell can you ever expect to get a respectable job unless you have a wicked cross-over or can drop a 20 footer from the corner?   This is one of the situations that if there were only 20 spots on a lifeboat and I was the deciderer™ than I would be very comfortable making the call for those who live and who die based solely on the amount of visible tattoos.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: