Saturday, September 24, 2011

Take on the end of summer flu

For the last two weeks every person I've encountered has met me with a cough which seems like they are trying to dislodge a piece of hot-dog stuck deep inside the throat. Just about every conversation is interrupted with a sneeze, people have a hard time concentrating and left ad right you see others constantly blowing their noses. It is really a disgusting time to be alive. I couldn't be sure but it seems that there is a rampant flu going around NYC right now which just about every person has gotten. I'm not sure if it's a particularly potent strain but i can say that I have not seen this many people looking like death in decades. It seem like nobody has been spared as the subway is filled with a chorus of throat clearing, hachhooing and people doing that disgusting sick nose snort thing. The winter can't come soon enough

No comments: