Saturday, September 10, 2011

Take on hot coffee




I love coffee and 99% of the time will drink it black, the only exception being when I am forced to go to a few select spots which feel the need to play a cruel joke on their paying customers. This morning I got a cup if Joe along with a couple of bagels and before I made it the one block home, I felt like my hand was going to burn off. I felt like that woman who spilled coffee all over herself a that McDonalds drive-through a decade ago without being dumb enough to drop it in my crotch. I'm not saying I am going to sue the local bagel shop, although I am upset that they don't have fresh bagels at 8:30 on a Saturday morning. The issue is that there are many place who serve their coffee at blazing temperatures so that those of us who like our coffee to taste like coffee are forced to water it down with milk just to be able to not burn the roof of our mouths. I cannot imagine anybody has asked for this, it is like a sick joke on those of us who are caffeine addicts and I keep waiting for some producer to jump out of the bushes asking me to sign a release form.
And don't get me started about those stupid sleeves, you have to think when store owners see you doubling up on those while still feel it burn through your calluses, they'd turn down their burners just for a cost saving measure.

No comments: