Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Taking on the rustic vacation


Explain to me why somebody would go on a vacation to a place which is only accessible by ferry, infested with Mosquitos, without air-conditioning and with only one store charging $5 for a half gallon of milk. As miserable as that sounds it actually is kind of fun, it feels more like camping than beaching but I can embrace that. What I have a harder time embracing is being stuck on an island with almost no cell-phone service at all.
What the hell are people thinking when they call something a vacation when I have to hop on one foot in one specific corner of the house to get my IPhone to show one bar. I have been trying to download a picture for 3 days already and I haven't had my Tyler Durden fix because I'm afraid my entire phone is going to shatter because of the amount of energy it is consuming. I can't make it 4 hours without having to recharge cause it is constantly searching for a signal.
So the next time I go on vacation if there is any chance for me to relax make sure I am able to mainline my Internet.


1 comment:

Chris said...

So I actually took a week vacation on the same island where they filmed a good chunk of Castaway - a 3 acre island (on low tide) in Fiji. Somehow the blackberry worked, but we could pretend that it didn't. The best vacation ever.