Saturday, July 23, 2011

Take on the summer vacation schlep





When going away for vacation I always struggle with knowing I need the time to unwind and recharge the battery and hating the schlep of traveling. Over the last few years I had accumulated 200,000+ miles on Delta but now I am suck with them as I have zero interest in using them.
I travel somewhere in the vicinity of 45 days per year so the thought of packing a suitcase, hailing a cab, waiting on line to take my shoes at the airport and then sitting on an airplane for 3 hours has no appeal to me
I need my vacation to be schlep-free so when we decided to go to the beach I thought I had won the great schlep free vacation. That was until I realize I need beach chairs, towels, cribs, food, coolers, toys, clothes and a ton o other crap. So here I am driving 4 hours in bumper to bumper traffic with my car packed like the cargo section of a 747

Kill me


No comments: