Monday, July 18, 2011

Take on the Facebook survey

I just ran an article on CNN which screamed  'majority of parents use Facebook to spy on their children.' and in related news water is wet..      As I read this thing I wonder to myself, was it really necessary to invest money for a study like this, they are proving something that everybody in the world knows is true..   The entire facebook concept is set up to be nothing more than a tattle-tale site anyway.   Let's be completely honest, everybody in the world knows that Facebook is nothing more than a stalker site at this point.    I got rid of 50% of my 'friends' leaving me only with immediate family members, true friends, a couple of coworkers and one or two hot chicks I went to high-school with.   I haven't posted a 'status update' in about a year, I won't post any pictures of myself or my family and have about as much interest in having somebody write on my wall as I would have in them literally coming to my house and drawing on my wall with crayons.

So here we are.. technology has once again hit the tipping point, where the only people who have any interest in it are the ones who actually think hush-puppies look good.    So I'd give Mark Zuckerberg one recommendation.. sell it all NOW.   Have you noticed that people who are using your website is dropping on a daily basis.  I have exactly one friend and one family member who posts regularly, everybody else has given up.   Nobody is going to have any interest in a website that is fodder for dirty old men and grouchy mothers.


I guess it's time to get one of those wacky Google Plus accounts.

No comments: