Friday, July 8, 2011

Take on inconsistent shoe breakdown


Throughout my travels I never find time to check out the scenery but that's not to say I'm not feeling the ground, sometimes quite literally. Over the past few months whenever I'd walk specifically over some kind of testers footing like pebbles or gravel, I'd feel like the bottom of my foot was being massaged by individual stones. I couldn't figure it out especially since it was really only happening on one foot until I put on munis this morning and quite literally pop a hole right through the sole. I look at the bottom of my two shoes and one look quite literally like a piece of black Swiss cheese




My issues here are two folds: One is that I hope I make it home before the skies open up and the rain comes poring down although I am already deeply afraid of the wet spots left on the subway by the homeless. My second issue is that for the countless time I have worn out one shoe while the other is in pretty decent condition. Now i realize it is probably caused by having one longer leg but that doesn't quite help my situation as it had not yet gotten to the point where I would look for medical intervention. But I do have an option I think needs to be explored as I know this is a very common occurrence



My idea is a shoe-coop where two people with a similar shoe size would go in together to buy 3 pairs of identical shoes. Of course we'd have to match up a long right legged dude with a log left legged dude but the idea would be to give one guy an extra left shoe and the other would get an extra right shoe.

Each guy in the shoe coop would then wear the shoe which wears out leas quickly every day and then switch the other shoe on a regular basis kind of like having a platoon in left field so that you can use the the single shoe's for an entire cycle.



Just think of the cost savings for all us uneven legged dudes



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: