Saturday, November 7, 2009

Why waste my airtime and more importantly my real time

There isn't a more meaningless costly energy-wasting irritant in this world than the cell-phone voicemail. I know there are probably people who disagree but I cannot think of a single reason to spend cell-phone minutes to call my voicemail to only get a message like. "Hey dude, call me back"

1- it's a cell-phone which shows a missed call as soon as you pick it up. I don't need a second reminder to call you back. If I don't call you back it's not that I forgot but more likely that I don't want to. ..

2-there is already a superior method of communication through a cell-phone and it's called a "text message". Checking a text message is quicker and easier and unless you can't yet email or MAYBE if you still have an email address which ends in @aol.com you should be almost exclusively using text

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: