Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's not a library


I don't leave any magazine or books in my bathroom because I am a firm believer of getting in-and-out when it comes to somebody else's shit-house and don't want to give anybody any incentive to stick around.


Secondly there is the contamination issue. I have friends who won't touch the handles in the subway but would happily pick up a MAXIM magazine in somebody's bathroom. I'm not squeamish but the last thing in the world I want to do is get my hands I already know is covered in human excrement. What kind of civilized person wants to touch any page of a magazine which somebody may have used as toilet tissue 20 minutes earlier.

My old roommate told me he couldn't go unless he was reading something but when I refused to leave anything worth reading he took to reading the ingredients in the toothpaste. I would purposely leave crappy magazines in the can so he wouldn't rummage into my room for my stash. Poor kid read the same shitty copy of US Weekly for 2 years.



So people please.
 No reading in the shithouse: sit, squeeze, wipe and leave




Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: