Sunday, November 1, 2009

In a NY state of Mind

Having been part of the great spectacular NYC marathon the last two years, waking up on a cool marathon morning knowing I wouldn't have a chance to run it was a bittersweet moment. Obviously running this year went out the window when our daughter was born 5 weeks early but standing on the sidelines cheering on the runners still gave me chills.
The thing that gets me as I watch the runners pass me at mile 7 (when they still have a lot of energy) it always puts a smile on my face when you see guys running the entire 26.2 in a full suit or dribbling a basketball. I know people this even running this thing is lunacy but to power yourself through this race while dressed in a tutu or being pulling a huge helium balloon is pure nuts.

But at the end it's a great NY event; the city embraces the almost 40 thousand people who will finish this race somewhere between 2 hours and 8 hours but for each person it's a duel with themselves. The race is especially tough because of the hills and the bumpercar like track but the energy the NY fans bring helps cary many a r runner through the distance

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Cathy said...

hi david! how is everything? omg so i gained like 8 lbs in the past 2 months for NO reason. i still eat the same huge amount of food like i always did and work out like crazy. i immediately thought it was hypothyroid so i went and found a hospital in queens that would do a blood test on only a few hours notice and it's not hypothyroid. i think i am just old.