Monday, August 24, 2009

Stinky Tofu



You know I've had my battles with chafing which I try to blame on the running but probably has more to do with my big fat chick-thighs than anything else. The chafing I'm suffering from has spread from the inner thigh area to the other day having this nasty chafing on my upper arm from the rubbing of my shirt during my 12 mile run in the 100% humidity. But there is no worse chafing than that of a man who had some bad shrimp at a popular NYC restaurant and then spent the next 2 days staying within shouting distance of the can as he ass-pissed for 36 hours.


Now I have taken a turn on the whole 'my stomach can't handle this kind of food anymore' angle as I have spoken with the other people who I had dinner with and they too have been suffering from the runs. Now this could mean nothing but in this case I can comfortably blame it on some pretty bad fish as I saw them once gorge themselves on Stinky Tofu which was described to me as a delicacy which tastes and smells like rotten garbage. Taiwanese people take to bad seafood like Native Americans take to heights.

Now the runs is no fun especially if they come after having spent $100 on dinner but what is really a pain in the ass is the chafing you get from the persitent wiping. Now if this isn't a big enough problem, you go running afterwards and the salt from your sweat rolls into the chafing cuts and before I know it I'm running a 12 minute mile and getting passed by old ladies in wheelchairs with fat ankles.

Well back to my Saturday Night bathroom events and the ensuing hours of me wallowing in pain from the ass-chafing rash. So I did what any self-respecting 33 year old man does and went to the Rite Aid and bought some diaper cream which I spread liberally over my ass cheeks and have since felt a lot better...although i'm a bit afraid when I have to re-apply it later today at the New York Sports Club

MLIA

2 comments:

Philip Ryan said...

Does diaper cream work? I get 'that' chaffing from guinness

Righetti said...

it's better than normal cream which stings like a mother...

this diaper cream has Vitamin A and D in it I think which i guess has some healing power.


Guiness (or worse yet Blue Moon) is killer for the runs