Monday, August 10, 2009

Dudes have bad-lives

Well I guess the hot air was about to come but now it’s a 1000 degrees after a July when the temperatures never actually hit 90.. Of course basically every single day in July did feature 100% humidity so it wasn’t like we’ve had a mild summer by any stretch. Well you get this kind of heat and humidity and it’s one of those times that dudes get totally screwed. Chicks have so many more options when dressing for work than dudes do (which sometimes is not such a good thing as too many choices make for long mornings). See dudes basically put on a pair of black, gray or black/gray pants, tuck their undershirts into their boxer shorts and then add a button down shirt and are off.   This makes shopping, dressing and laundry very easy.
For example I have 15 workshirts and they are all either blue, white, gray or a combo of them. I never have to think about what I have to wear which is exactly how I like it (and how Einstein operated I believe) this works fine until you get to the dead-of summer and you want to shoot yourself because of the unrelenting humidity.

Chicks have so many more options which when it comes to 1000 degree weather is really a big positive.


-Chicks can rock a skirt which I can’t pull off unless I’m marching in a Scottish Day parade.  

-Chicks can even get away with a tshirt which I can’t do unless I get a job at blimpies

-Chicks can rock flip-flops which I couldn’t do unless I worked as a life-guard

-Chicks can even get away with shorts and still look professional which of course I can’t do unless I get a job at a shop that sells pens and art-supplies

Well people will offer the short-sleeve button down as a summer option but since I don’t work for the US Postal Office this is not a realistic option.


So when it comes to working in an office in midtown Manhattan and having to deal with the dreadfully hot subway tunnels we are just screwed, I’ve had a few days when I’ve actually walked into work looking like I just got out of a pool, my shirt drenched through my undershirt and sweat dripping off my face like I’m the Ultimate Warrior without the muscles.

So for a change, dudes have a bad life and chicks have it good.

1 comment:

Snowbrush said...

Maybe you should move to Oregon too. We only average ten days a year above ninety.