Monday, August 17, 2009

Irritable Booze Syndrome

Not exactly sure what does it but like a bowel syndrome I’ve been irritable lately.


It could be the heat, it could be the running, it could be the running in the heat but one way or another I can only say that I am irritable. I get annoyed when things don’t go as planned, I get angry when people don’t get up for my pregnant wife on the subway and I even get irritated when I hear about people going on vacation.. So what I tried to do is see what has been different the last week than others, as it might give me some insight into why I’m so annoyed. I’ve been eating about the same, getting exercise and have had my normal blog as an outlet for my annoyance so there was nothing that I could really tell and then it hit me… I haven’t had a drink in over a week.

The last beer I had was at the wedding I went to last Saturday Night and even then I kept myself so busy that the Coors Lite I had was probably more hydration than a method to get funky . So I’m going on nine days of no alcohol which to some people might seem unimpressive or even ‘the average week’ but for somebody like myself who usually doesn’t allow a single day break in a good week, this is like Joe DiMaggio except unlike having to hit a little baseball this is a real challenge.

Now I am not going to turn over a new leaf, this hasn’t been a challenge to myself (although I am sort of impressed by it.) I just see this as an unfortunate set of circumstances which has led me down this week-long alcohol free path and with any luck I’ll be shit-faced sometime tonight

No comments: