Thursday, October 22, 2015

Take on the #LGM thing



I grew up a Yankee fan when they sucked and got less interested in them as they got better basically and gave up on baseball altogether about 15 years ago. NYC, though, hasn't given up on the sport and everywhere you go you see guys wearing Mets hats, singing Mets jingles, recalling their favorite Lenny Dykstra moment and comparing Howard Johnson vs Ray Knight war stories. I'm sure 90% of these guys watched less than 5 games in their entirety over the last 3 years and I'd probably even put that number at 98% and 1 game but good for them, the fanbase has suffered long enough The franchise is often a total mess and the ownership group is a bunch of criminals but the one thing that I do appreciate is that every playoff Met tweet I've seen is followed with the #LGM thing. Just like the way that franchise supported the cops and firefighters after 9/11, they are standing up for what is important. Honestly, I was pretty impressed that these knuckle dragging Long Island barbarians could so much as spell lesbian let alone embrace the entire gay and transsexual community. For that alone I hope their run continues because nothing brings an important issue to the forefront like awareness.

#LGBTM

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: