Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Take on Journey

Journey played the National Anthem at last night's Monday Night Football game and although I didn't watch it, I was disappointed. Journey without Steve Perry is like ordering breakfast and they forgot the eggs..and bacon..and toast...and coffee. It is like getting a couple of those plastic throwaway creamers served and being told it is breakfast. I am sure that these guys have some link to the original band, shit maybe a couple of those guys were in the original band (the two other guys certainly look old enough) but the lead singer looks like some dweeby Asian kid singing karaoke. He might be fine to cover the parts but come on this is not Journey, this isn't even Foreigner or the guys who sang "I'm the next to be with you"

I looked up and Wikipedia says the lead singer is some dude named Arnel Pineda who sounds like a pitcher on the Yankees although the photo of the guy at the game yesterday looks like he might be Arnel's second cousin or something because his dude looked like he should be working at a OfficeMax. He has about as much Rock & Roll to him as Phil from accounting.
Next time get us Steve Perry or Katie Perry, Jesus I'd be happy with former running back Chris Perry or Kyle Petty or Richard Petty or Perry Mason or Rick Perry, he has plenty of time

1 comment:

Baby Stu said...

Now you put that stupid I'm the one who wants to be with you song in my head. It's a Zingy classic but still. It'll take days to get it out of here.