Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Take on Yogi

When I heard that Yogi Berra passed away this morning I had two thoughts

1- I thought he was dead already.  I guess I wasn't 100%sure but I would not have bet the house on it

2- I bet the entire day will be filled with lame Yogisms 

Well we definitely got a lot of those but it did remind me of the best Yogi story

But that is not what I remember about him most. I remember most that the other ball players always complained that Yogi Berra would stand naked at the clubhouse buffet and scratch his genitals over the cold cuts.


This guy won 10 World Series rings, was widely considered as one of the top three catchers of all time, caught the only perfect game in World Series history and never had a pitch call waved off and was a three time MVP, 18 time all-star but the thought of him rubbing his nuts over the bologna is one you will now never forget

Hope there is a nice pic-a-nick basket up in heaven big guy, and I hope you dump the entire thing over Steinbrenner's seersucker suit 




Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

Johnny Bench and Carlton Fisk are ahead of Yogi.

You think Yogi was better than Mike Piazza? Offensively, Piazza was better, but Yogi was better at calling a game and defense.

Also, Piazza took steroids and liked being gay, so those are other differences between Piazza and Yogi.