Friday, August 2, 2013

Take on the random LinkedIn request

whenever I get an email friend request from LinkedIn, I think 'uh oh'..

It's ot because I try to shy away from almost all social media but mostly because whenever somebody joins LinkedIn or updates their profile, you probably won't be using their work email address in about a week.
Just today I got a friend request from a buddy who I always assumed was pretty secure at his gig but my thought right away was 'shit is he going to be asking me for a short term loan and crashing on my couch?  
I emailed him and it didn't sound like anything was imminent and he just figured it was time to set one up, I guess so that he does ever find himself on the cusp of layoffs, it isn't that obvious..

1 comment:

Zed said...

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning. I was also checking to see if he was linked with Melissa Lee yet.