Friday, August 9, 2013

Take on the airline deal

Is there anything more disingenuous than getting an email from an
airline with great flight deals.
First of all, every one of the "deals" have so many restrictions that
there is just no way to actually get a flight to Amsterdam anywhere
near $501 each way. I've clicked on the links and before I knew it,
the destination's cost jumps by 30% if you aren't able to leave at
11pm and return at 2am two days later

The other thing which annoys me even more, is the fact that they
advertise them as each-way fares based on a round trip ticket. It's
not a one way price, because those would be $800 each, and since it
is, by definition, based on a round trip, it's impossible to actually
get without buying the roundtrip. Nobody tells you that you can get a
$4 hamburger as part of a $7 lunch special. But more specific to this
case, Noody I have ever met has said to me.. Wow I got a great deal to
fly to Korea, only $712 each way. Everybody will tell you what the
total flight costs, not some convoluted formula, which has no real
meaning, based on a single leg on a round trip flight

Screw you Delta and your crappy deals

No comments: