Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Take on the Citibike logistical problem

I always imagined my main problem with the Citibike experience would
be the fact that I couldn't get a bike but lately I've had an equally
annoying experience...There are many time when you can't find a spot.

Last week, I walk out of work at 6th avenue and find no bikes out on
the Citibike terminal outside of my office. In hoof it down to 8th
avenue and get one of the last bikes there, albeit one with a seat
which wouldn't move up. So, I low-ride down to ferry terminal at 12th
avenue to find a completely full rack. There are no spots and nobody
coming out who may take a bike with the rain we were having that day.
I call the number and they tell me that I need to drop it off at
another station, the closest one being on 11th avenue

So I basically got to ride about three city blocks and walked four
blocks in total (6th to 8th and then 11th to 12th and back).

Yeah, this thing is working out great

No comments: