Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Take on the new Gmail Ads

Not sure if anybody noticed this but with the new Gmail format, Google is sneaking in more ads.. Obviously, Gmail is free, so I won't do a lot of complaining, but I will do some.  It used to be that Gmail would try to filter out spam, today they are filtering the spam right into your inbox. 

Under the promotions tab, they don't just filter all the crap from TinyPrints, Amazon and Joe Bryant, they also pepper you with items that you didn't actually sign up for.   These are ones that Gmail even calls "ads" and they are highlighted in yellow and today I got one from 'LowerMyBills' and another from 'Zillow For Pros'.   I guess they did their research and Zillow for Pros might be something I'd open but the one from LowerMyBills, will go directly into the trash..  




1 comment:

Zed said...

I have an ad-free NYU account that I'd be willing to rent out.