Friday, November 16, 2012

Take on the town bandit

There are crimes and then there are crimes.  I know the Giuliani doctrine always called for major action against all levels of crime so that criminals realize there is no fuzzy line between graffiti and murder and it seems to have done wonders in NYC. 

But with that said there still are levels of crime which hit closer to home sometimes literally like what happened to me this week.   There are victimless crimes but this was not one of them and we must do everything in our power to catch the perpetrators of this, the most heinous of crimes 

Here is the backstory
I put out my recycling two nights ago on the proper night making sure I follow protocol by putting it out only after 7pm.  I had my two semi full blue recycling cans provided to me by the town neatly placed side by side at the edge of our driveway and never put much thought to it again. That is until I got back yesterday afternoon and noticed that where there were once two there now stood only one blue receptacle.   I looked up and down the street, checked my neighbors driveway and rechecked my garage to make sure I had not left it there last night
After a frantic search I realized what I already felt deep in my heart...I had been victimized and victimized by the lowest form of crime, the type aimed at somebody doing their duty as a citizen of Earth doing his best to protect it

Immediately I returned home and started putting together a list if possible suspects:  the retired teacher across the street with the impeccable hedges, the old lady on the corner with the white cat, the young family with the play-yard and the guy suspected of attempted mass-murder  in the brick house up the street all seemed likely candidates.   
I decided to stake out the neighborhood last night, dressed in full black ninja gear and a baby bjorn as I observed the actions of those around me.  There were some signs of shady behavior like the guy with the big husky who I wasn't sure cleaned all the dog crap off the sidewalk or any of the characters walking out of the house across the street which we had long suspected as a safe-haven for illegals making their way up to Canada but so far none of my leads have turned up anything.  i am not giving up and when I do find the culprit it will be time for some serious vigilante justice 





Sent from my iPhone

No comments: