Friday, November 23, 2012

Take on Black Friday

Thanksgiving is a holiday which many people call the quintessential
American holiday which is probably because it's a two days of
gluttony, family tension and idiots standing on line at 3am go get a
new DVD player.
When I logged onto the DailyNews today I was already predicting what
kind of idiot injuries happened last night when stores opened for
Black Friday and really thought about one thing which is that this
should be a great day for shopping but that these idiot retailers
fueled by a rabid consumer base of crazies have ruined it for
everybody. I thought about running to Target for a couple of
lightbulbs and some garbage bags but when I saw that there was a
noticeable police presence standing around the jammed parking lot I
skipped it. I need a new pair or jeans but honestly would rather jam
an ice-pick into my urethra than even attempt going to The Gap

I would love to see a bunch of stores band together with an anti Black
Friday sale. No deals, no discounts and normal hours. I bet they
would bring in a bunch of people who just want to avoid the crazies...
I know I do

No comments: