Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Take on vigilance

I keep seeing signs asking people who 'see something' to 'say
something' so when I walked down some side stairs in the bus station
this morning and came across three suitcases laying scattered on the
floor I had some serious questions. Not only was it random but with
this being the 11th anniversary of 9/11, I felt like it was my civic
duty to say something.
As I walk through the bus station it is shocking how few cops are
around anywhere and being NYC calling 911 on a cell-phone is worthless
because my crappy IPhone would never fid a tower to connect to. But
finally I see a glimmer of light when I are an MTA worker coming down
the hallway, I pull him over to show him what I discovered and we both
go into hunker down mode. Glad he didn't have a gun cause 30 seconds
later some tourist comes down the stairs with another one of those
ridiculous suitcases and asking what the fastest way to JFK is

Crisis averted

No comments: