Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Take on the French Satiricalists

CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk)
9/19/12 6:01 AM
French satirical magazine published cartoons featuring a figure resembling Mohammed in issue on newsstands today. on.cnn.com/SAs85z

I read the above on CNN this morning which described some French Satirical magazine's decision to publish a cartoon of Muhammad and I don't quite get the point.   If they are trying to prove water is wet then I guess they'll succeed but I don't understand why they must do it.   I fully support the freedom of speech so I see no issue in doing it per se, my issue is that doing it is the equivalent of kicking a rabid dog and then getting annoyed that he bites you. 
We have seen mass riots over the Danish cartoons and some d-movie nobody ever heard of and now these idiots feel like it's their turn to provoke.   Obviously the reaction of the Arab Fall is despicable on a hundred levels but mostly because the rioters are taking their anger over the equivalent of MAD magazine out by killing an ambassador and storming embassies.   If nothing else these are the same people who rightfully complain that we paint terrorists with too broad a brush but a some point this has got to end

I know these are a bunch of teenagers and 20 somethings who otherwise are lost making very irrational decisions that have very real outcomes but I will never quite understand why killing an Ambassador over the equivalent of an SNL skit or boycotting an IKEA even-though those are Swedes not Danes is ever sensible regardless how 'insulted' you are by the actions of some jackass drawing cartoons in his parent's basement.



Sent from my iPhone



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: