Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Take on the secret winner

I spend my entire day busting my ass to avoid the news and then it slaps me in the face like a right hook   I feel like avoiding Olympic results during the day could be considered an Olympic event on its own because you almost can't avoid getting results even when you try.   I get that it's a world event and that we cannot expect the entire Olympics to revolve around prime-time TV but it's very frustrating when you spend the entire day with the TV turned off, not listening to 1050, avoiding ESPN.com and basically just being a hermit only to walk through Times Square to see a huge Reuters billboard tell you that Michael Phelps lost the 200 meter butterfly to some SouthAfrican.  I get that sports are about storylines, triumphs, defeats, emotions and intrigue but really it is about results and watching something with what now is a script sucks 

I am forced to watch another episode of So You Think You Can Dance because at least I don't know the winner there




Sent from my iPhone

No comments: