Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Take on Erasure

Cathy No who runs a pseudo-blog/Internet forum available by invitation only mentioned listening to Erasure early today and asked if I'd ever been.  I told her I did and that it was quite possibly the gayest thing I've ever been apart of (NTTIAWWT) and that's coming from a guy who served as a minister of a gay wedding, talks about women's shoes constantly and went gay bar hopping with a friend (chick) a few years ago where I saw a dude's unit which literally hung to his knees.
 
It was probably 1999 right after the Cowboy album came out which is probably remembered as the gayest Erasure album of all time -which again is saying a lot- for those who have not had the fortune of listening to it, I could describe it as a song and synthesizer made to sound like unicorns jumping through rainbows while angels and fairies dance around a pond.   Now I was no stranger to New Wave concerts having seen Depeche Mode that same year and the combo of Boy George, Human League and Howard Jones a few weeks before that.   I owned every Kon Kan CD, every Anything Box album and every Pet Shop boy song at that time so I knew what I was getting into..
 
Well regardless of my knowledge of what I was getting myself into, when I walked in to Radio City I was met with a wall of gay I'd never seen before.. there were dudes in chaps without pants on, there were dudes in cowboy boots and a thong, there were dudes wearing shirts so short and tight they looked like a running-bra, dudes were slapping each other on the ass, guys were wearing more makeup than Boy George did, there were dudes giving each other BJ's in the aisle,   Between all the male ass I saw, the total disregard of privacy during hand-jobs and the smell of sweat I felt like I was in the sauna a NYSC..   During Always which is quite possibly the gayest song off the gayest album from the gayest musical group there were literally orgies happening on the velvet seats and everybody thinks Eagles fans are bad during the draft.. 
They played for like 2 hours and then a bunch of my buddies went to the after-party where I think they met Vince Clark and Andy Dick but believe it or not I was Erasured out by that time..
 
Great show by the way.. would do it again

No comments: