Saturday, August 4, 2012

Take on the Enterprise Rent a Car gas policy

When I picked up a rental car this week, I had a ton of things on my
mind. Directions to my meeting, issues to discuss at the meeting,
appropriate greetings etc but like usual Enterprise made it more
difficult than necessary. They have this policy/scam where as opposed
to giving you a full tank of gas and asking you to return it full,
they give you some random quantity and ask you to return it with the
same.
It may not sound all that different but there is a huge one. It's
very easy to drive up to a gas station and ask them to fill it up,
it's almost impossible to guesstimate exactly how much money to put in
to get it to 5/8th full when it's sitting on 1/4 tank.
Since it is not your car so you don't know how many gallons it holds
or how sensitive the gas gauge is. So it's a guessing game. You go
over and you just gave Enterprise free gas if you go under and you'll
be banged for $5.25 replacement gas bill
Even if you can swallow this, the second problem remains something
else... If you return it short the next renter will start off at that
gas quantity which inevitably leads to me getting a car on empty. So
here I am trying to drive to a meeting with a car with no gas in
it...so I have to hit a gas station to add just enough gas to make it
to my meeting and back leaving the gauge to read about 2 millimeters
north of E

Yeah that's easy

No comments: