Sunday, April 8, 2012

Take on Walmart

The concept of Walmart depresses me. Now don't get me wrong, I have
no issues when it comes to shopping there but there is something about
the place that doesn't sit right. It isn't because I have this need
to defend mom and pop stores, it isn't because I disagree with the way
they negotiate with their vendors drawing blood out of a stone and it
isn't even because of the work conditions if you looked all the way
down the supply-chain. What bothers me is that walking into a Walmart
is like looking into a mirror and the entire place just reeks of
desperation. It's a if somebody put out a casting call for the most
depressing looking people and asked them to show up at Walmart every
Saturday. Every customer either least 200 pounds overweight, grossly
disfigured or pulling around 8 snot-nosed kids The smallest size
pants they have are 42 waist, every pack OT chips comes in triple size
and there isn't a single person in the vegetable section
You couldn't get this many overweight people in a room if you paid
them in Snickers bars

No comments: