Monday, April 16, 2012

Take on the gas-pump latch

The vast TOR readership in jersey (hey bump) probably will tune out
of this as this is an issue they will never face but for those of us
who have to go through the indignity of the labor of pumping out own
gas. One thing I cannot stand (and don't understand) is why NYC
gas stations have all removed those little bump tracks in the gas
handle which allows you to start pumping gas and keep the flow going
automatically so you aren't forced to stand there like some kind of
yoyo pulling on a handle.
I am sure there is some nanny state law designed to protect consumers
against the NYC's astronomical prices but really I prefer to get
screwed by the pump if I can spend 3 minutes checking my email

This might be the last straw that brings me back to Jersey!!

1 comment:

The Bump said...

as soon as I saw the title, I thought in my head, "move to Jersey"