Friday, April 20, 2012

Take on iMessage

I said a long time ago that when somebody figured out how to match BBM, that this would be the final blow to the blackberry.   So when the newest iSO came with iMessage i was sure that the Iphone had it all    IMessage unlike standard texts are sent over data so the cost is much lower theoretically (although virtually everybody has an all you can eat text plan by now) .    Where the real savings can be realized is when traveling overseas where sending an international text message is completely cost prohibitive.  Buy as much as I love saving money, the conversation feel including knowing somebody received your message and knowing when they are replying really appealed to me

Honestly for a few months it finally seemed like the last hurdle to Apple's answer to RIMM had been cleared, you realize it doesn't work like BBM.   The problem is that there are tons of times when I send an iMessage, click on another icon and go about my business only to find out an hour later that there was message failure. The beauty of sending over data is also it's downfall because whenever you are in a crowded area (I work around the corner from Times Square) or only in service for a short period (think crossing 14th street on the subway) it just doesn't work

My IPhone is smart enough to try to send as a text but that only makes it more confusing since you do not know if it was sent or delivered which is what the beauty of iMessage is supposed to be



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: