Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Take on Newt


Looking at the paper today, I came across a headline Newt Gingrich hints he could quit presidential race.   I swear that I looked three different times at the date of the publication because I could have sworn he dropped out a month ago but apparently he is still very much in the race..if by very much in you meant in the hole.      The article goes on to say that his campaign is nearly $4million in debt which just sounds ludicrous.. Why anybody spend good money to have Newt run for president is beyond me.  Apparently he is still getting some campaign donations which is like having somebody set the dinner table as the Titanic goes down…

My buddy The Bump made an interesting point “i have little faith in the voting public.  the fact that people actually wasted overpriced gas to drive to the local elementary school to cast a vote for Newt Gingrich or Rick Santorum for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES blows my friggin mind.”

I get that he wants to be represented at the convention but his conservative ‘causes’ will probably be well represented by Santorum anyway and the way this campaign has gone, I wouldn’t be surprised if his invitation to Mitt’s party gets lost in the mail or they send him directions to the wrong location  

No comments: