Tuesday, August 2, 2011

taking on the refurbished electronic item

I love a deal but when the deal comes because the item is refurbished it basically means you are getting somebody else's piece of crap at a 50% discount but you are still getting a piece of crap.    

So after the entire IPhone on the beach scenario I finally made it to the Apple Store and was pleasantly surprised (way to go Steve Jobs!!!!)  when the technician who looked like he just rolled out of bed gave me the pleasant news that although they could charge me $200 for a replacement, they would give me a replacement one for free.    The problem, as I found out shortly afterwards, was that they gave me one of those refurbished puppies.     By the time I got home the phone had lost 40% of it's charge, by the time the nightly news started it was in the red-battery-zone and by the time I went to see if the debt thing had passed it was completely gone. 

This morning I was sucked through 44% of the battery on the 1 hour subway ride into the city whereas I used to be able to get almost two full days without charging even with frequent use including the IPhone, the browser and text messages.

Now beggars can't be choosers but a battery which doesn't even get me to lunch is ridiculous and it once again shows that getting a refurbished item is like getting nothing at all.

No comments: