Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Taking on the hotel shower




For all the traveling I have done, for all the coach seats i have crammed my 6'2" body into and for all the drive-throughs I have eaten at. There is nothing more puzzling than the fact that there are major hotel chains all over this country (I am looking at you Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites amongst others) who believe they are located in China. Not because their breakfast buffet includes duck feet or drinking their tap water would make you convulse but because they think that the average traveller is 5'8". It has to be the only explanation because I am told there is nothing quite as good as US engineering. Why else would you put your shower heads at my neck line ensuring my nipples are properly soaked but my head says completely dry.
I realize many American's are probably about as wide as they are tall so maybe they are designed to properly soak a big fat short slob but it does nothing for us average guys.
Maybe they were invented to allow giraffe sized women to keep their hair dry or for people really good at doing the limbo but I assure you that these hotel chains have made it impossible to properly apply, rinse and repeat

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

God forbid a honky bends down in the shower...

Jimmy said...

God forbid a honky bends over in the shower...